Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Tom Cruise: I Never "Abandoned" Suri, We're "Extremely Close," He Says in Lawsuit


Say what you want about Tom Cruise, but don't say he's a bad dad. The Oblivion actor, 51, has just filed new documents in his $50 million lawsuit against Bauer publishing, in which he refutes the company's 2012 cover stories claiming that he "abandoned" his 7-year-old daughter, Suri, after divorcing Katie Holmes in June 2012.


PHOTOS: Tom and Suri's cutest moments


"I have in no way cut Suri out of my life -- whether physically, emotionally, financially, or otherwise," the Jack Reacher star says in the documents (per TMZ).


Cruise -- who also has two kids, Conor and Isabella, with ex-wife Nicole Kidman -- goes on to claim that he and his little girl have maintained a very good relationship since the split. According to TMZ, he states in the docs: "...even during the times when I was working overseas and was not able to see Suri in person, we were (and continue to be) extremely close."


PHOTOS: Suri's fabulous life


The actor reportedly admits he's been busy in the year since his divorce from Holmes -- he filmed both Oblivion and Edge of Tomorrow -- but says he made a conscious effort to be there for his youngest child. "As my numerous emails with Suri's mother during this time period demonstrate, I was a constant presence in Suri's life," TMZ quotes the documents as saying.


PHOTOS: How Katie changed during her marriage to Tom


"While I'm sure my daughter misses me when I am not with her (as I miss her)," his statement continues, "she is a very happy child, and we have a wonderful relationship and cheerful phone calls."


Source: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/tom-cruise-i-never-abandoned-suri-were-extremely-close-he-says-in-lawsuit-2013611
Category: Pumpkin Carving Ideas   scarlett johansson   Miriam Carey   Miley Cyrus Wrecking Ball   miley cyrus  

No comments:

Post a Comment